Need a quick lunch? This chickpea pasta salad is the answer. Another “recipe” that came together by combining all the leftover ingredients I had before restocking the fridge.
At first I had made the pasta with just mushrooms, but then discovered a can of chickpeas in my pantry and added it for extra nutrition. Super easy and fast to make, making it a perfect lunch to pack with you.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @easyveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #easyveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Chickpea Pasta Salad
- 350 grams uncooked pasta
- 200 grams salad mix
- 150 grams mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat up a pan to medium high heat with some vegetable oil, add the chickpeas with garlic powder, turmeric and some salt to taste. Cook until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until transparent. Add the mushrooms and cook until they have released their water.
- Drain and rinse the pasta, add it to large bowl and mix in the chickpeas, cooked onion, mushrooms and the salad mix.
- Tastes delicious both warm and cold. Serve with some olive oil as a dressing. Good with some lime juice as well.