This quick and super easy to put together lentil spread is packed with nutrients, making it a perfect for breakfast and lunch. As much as I like to make oatmeal and pancakes for breakfast, I often find myself craving a more salty and savory taste.
Works great on a toast with some avocados or in a wrap.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @easyveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #easyveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook
Easy Vegan Lentil Spread
- 400 grams cooked lentils
- 1 large onion
- 4 gloves garlic
- 400 grams canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke/smoked paprika
- Start by cutting the onions and garlic. Add to a pan on medium to high heat. Cook for a couple of minutes. Then add the soy sauce.
- Add in the cooked lentils and mix together. Cook for a couple of minutes and add the chopped tomatoes with the basil. Add in the smoked paprika/liquid smoke for a nice smoky
- Mix everything together and let cook for a couple more minutes. Remove from heat and serve on a toast or use it in a wrap.