I love making these spinach and tofu puffs! They are always the first to disappear when I have people coming over.
My favorite pastries before going vegan were with spinach and feta. I switched the feta with tofu and it turned out great! Plus, tofu is much lower in fat and cholesterol, and the flavor is almost identical.
These spinach puffs are best when they are warm, but still taste great in room temperature.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @easyveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #easyveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Spinach & Tofu Puff Pastries
- 300 grams firm tofu
- 200 grams spinach
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- vegan puff pastry plates*
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Start by cutting the tofu into smaller cubes. Cook the onions and garlic with the spinach, until reduced in size and released their water.
- Add the tofu cubes along with the cooked veggies to a food processor, add the spices and pulse a couple of times. You want a nice, coarse mixture not a paste.
- My puff pastry came in rectangle shaped plates, so I cut them in half and then once more diagonally in to triangles.
- Add a little of the mixture onto to the puff pastry and cover it with another sheet of pastry. Use a fork to press together the edges of the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until it has puffed up and golden brown.