This garlic pasta recipe is as easy as it gets. Garlic, olive oil, spaghetti and parsley are the 4 main things needed, but you can get creative with this dish as well. Easy to make and tastes delicious!
This dish is:
- easy and quick to make
- super tasty
- & budget friendly
I make this garlic pasta when I’m too lazy to think of anything else. I’m always stocked up on spaghetti, garlic and olive oil as they are my essential items in my pantry. It takes only 20 minutes to make, which is great if you’re out of ideas and need a quick dinner.
Sprinkling some nutritional yeast over your dish, gives it a parmesan-ish taste, but it is not necessary. It will still taste great without.
Want it spicy?
Add a pinch of chili flakes and you transform this dish even more. Works great with fresh jalapenos, habanero or just regular chili. Add them to the oil with the garlic.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (Pasta in Garlic and Oil Sauce)
- 400 grams dried spaghetti
- 6 gloves thinly sliced garlic
- 100 ml olive oil
- chopped parsley
- a pinch of salt
- dried chili flakes (optional)
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- Start by cooking the pasta* and save some of the pasta water.
- Add the oil to a pan and cook the garlic on low heat until lightly golden brown. Avoid burning the garlic. Add chili flakes if using.
- Add the pasta to the pan along with about a 100ml of the pasta water. mixing and stirring until the sauce covers all of the pasta.
- Lastly, add in the chopped and parsley and serve right after.
- If using, sprinkle some nutritional yeast over the pasta to get a more savory, cheesy flavor.