This tofu & veggies wok is the easiest way to use up all your leftover veggies. Anything goes!
I usually make a big batch of this and end up eating the same food for half of the week. You can keep half of the veggies in the fridge for the next day so you can swap the noodles for rice instead.
Tofu & Veggies Wok
- 400 grams firm tofu, pressed and cubed*
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic gloves, chopped
- 1 medium paprika
- 1 medium broccoli, chopped
- 400 grams cooked wok noodles**
- oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice / vinegar
- Start by pressing the tofu and then cut it into 1 cm cubes. Place in a bowl with the spices and starch and give it a good toss so that all of the tofu is coated.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat with oil and add the tofu. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until crispy on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside in a separate bowl. Prepare noodles in the meantime.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan, cook until edges get light brown. Then add in the paprika and the broccoli. Add in about 50ml of water and cover the pan to let the veggies steam and soften. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, then remove the lid and let the water evaporate. Add in the tofu at this point.
- Add all of the ingredients into a jar and give it a good shake, adjust the taste if necessary. Add the sauce to the pan after steaming your veggies and adding the tofu, when all the water is gone. Stir it all in with the veggies and add in the cooked noodles.
- Lower the heat and let cook for another 5-6 minutes, letting the noodles absorb the flavor of the sauce.
- I love serving this wok with some mango chutney or sweet chili sauce.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @easyveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #easyveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!