Chickpea Waldorf Salad
A classic salad with added chickpeas for some extra nutrition!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 large apples, hearts removed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1,5 dl mayo
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic glove, finely chopped
- 5 stalks of celery, thin slices
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 200 grams canned cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- crushed walnuts to top
- salt & pepper
- 2 tsp aquafaba (drained liquid from the chickpeas)
- 1/2 tsp vinegar/lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Cut the apples into cubes. Add to a larger bowl and toss with lemon juice. Add in the mayo as well and mix together. Set aside.
Add the celery, onion, garlic, parsley, along with the lettuce to the bowl and toss until covered with mayo sauce.
In smaller bowl, toss the drained chickpeas with the corn starch, garlic and a pinch of salt until evenly coated. In a smaller pan cook the chickpeas on medium heat until crispy brown. Add it into the salad and toss again.
Serve the salad in a bowl and top with crushed walnuts.